Friday, April 13, 2012

I am what I see

Today I went to CrossFit. I have been contemplating my fitness level, or should I say, lack of fitness level. I enjoyed the pilates and yoga at Diva day, 30 minutes of each. And I realized just how out of shape I am. CrossFit appeals because I want results, I don't want to be bored and I don't want anything complicated. I like that they focus on intensity, get'er done.
The baseline test today was brutal. 500 metres on the rowing machine, 40 (yes, 40) squats, 30 sit ups, 20 push ups and 10 chin ups.
By the 20th squat I was pooched. By the 15th sit up I was sure I wouldn't finish, but the 12 push up I was sure I was toast. Big break between push ups and chin ups. I think Mike helped me quite a lot for the last round, but I made it.
I was winded, my legs were like rubber and my chest hurts. My legs are still weak (2 hours later) and my chest is still sore. sheesh.
Now to see if I go back.
the jury is still our

No comments:

Post a Comment